We spent the entire day on Sunday at Grandfather Mountain the highest peak in the Blue Ridge mountain range in Linville, NC only an hour and a half from our house. We had such a great time we walked across the swinging bridge a 228-foot suspension bridge that spans an 80-foot chasm at more than one mile in elevation (it is in the background of the photo with me and the kids), that was amazing. We hiked the mountain, fed some very hungry bears, saw a bald eagle and a golden eagle, otters at play and deer eating dinner. What beautiful views around every corner. It made me think of a John Denver song...
I am the Eagle, I live in high country, The rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky.
I do have a slide show with all photos you can take a look at that I have not figured out how to add to my blog yet.


0 comments:
Post a Comment