Wednesday, October 24, 2007

BEAUTIFUL FLOWER




I know I usually put photos of the family on the blog but we had a flower bloom in our yard that I had to share with you. I have no idea what this is but it is huge and so beautiful it just bloomed a few days ago and after the rain we finally got it started falling over. I clipped it and brought it in. It looks to me like the flowers we used to make with napkins for the parade floats in high school. Does anyone have any idea what it is?? This may be one of a few things in the mess of a backyard that is a wonderful surprise!!
Mystery solved by my semi-pro horticulturist Mom: it is a DAHLIA, blooms in the fall and after some research I did online, they are called Giant Dinner Plate Dahlias and I have the color Starburst yellow and this sucker is as seriously as big as Delaney's head, I guess her head is also as big as a plate.

0 comments: