
Last night Harrison participated in a Starry Night performance at the High School, 7 boys and 7 girls were chosen in the 3rd grade at his school to paint Vincent Van Gogh's painting Starry Night. They met 5 times after school to paint most of the painting and last night they finished it off with the yellow, while the High School Blue Diamond Dancers danced in front to the Don McLean song Starry Starry Night. It was really amazing to watch those 14 kids on their own up on stage without their teacher painting the details. They were all so nervous before the performance but they did great and they were so proud of themselves when they finished. They put a lot of hard work into it and did and wonderful job. The painting was painted in 2 halves so they can be displayed at 2 places, half of the painting will be on display at the High School and the other half at the elementary. When I get a chance to take a photo of the actual painting I will post it, but I added below the Van Gogh version.
0 comments:
Post a Comment