Now that Harrison is 10 years old the tradition of mowing the lawn is passed down from father to son. The hatred and loathing of mowing the lawn was and is the mindset my dear husband has had most of his life about mowing the lawn and now he has decided to pass it on to our son, with all his wonderful, loving fatherly ways I am keeping my fingers crossed that the tradition of despising yard work has stopped dead in it's tracks right now. During his mowing when Harrison took the gloves off I made him wear (Mom alert: so he would not get blisters) in the middle of mowing I thought he was done, but he kept going and after he completed the entire front yard I asked what he thought about mowing and he said; "I loved it!"
Hmmm, must run in the family, I come from a line of yard lovers, my father is VERY proud of his lawn and we recently found out his father was also very proud of his lawn. So I think that Jason can teach Harrison anyway he wants and Harrison will have that pride no matter what because he was born with it, YEAH!


1 comments:
Will see if he loves it in about 3 - 4 years.......that's when his father developed his "dislike" of yard work......the teenage years!!! While in Florida, he made good money mowing for a neighbor who thought he was the best "yardman" she'd had and was always complimenting him on a job well done.........So enjoy it now and I'll check back in a few years!!!
Nana
Post a Comment