Tuesday, January 8, 2008

RIP

This morning Harrison woke me and said he could not find Maggie the catfish. I told him she was there he just could not see her and I would be in as soon as I was dressed. He was looking in the tank when I got in his room and he said, "I think she is under that pile of rocks, she must have buried herself so she could sleep". I looked and sure enough the catfish was MIA, I moved the tank because any movement and that bugger was swimming like a maniac up and down, still nothing. Next idea turn on the light and see if that fish tried to escape. YIKES, dead fish on the floor. That sucker made it out the 1/2 inch round hole that we feed Thru. The movie Nemo came to mind except this fish had no escape plan other than to get out. After we discovered the dried up body on the floor, we went to wake Jason and tell him of our discovery, he asked if I cleaned it up. I said No way, can't do it that is what we have you for!!
Harrison cried as we told Jason and then later downstairs during breakfast he said "that is kinda funny that Maggie jumped out that tiny hole". It really seems like she could not get any cleaning done since she was so darn jumpy, so Movey has alot of work ahead of him.
Maggie the Catfish
1-5-08 to 1-8-08

1 comments:

Emily said...

sorry to hear about your short-lived fish. You should add atleast two betas to the tank to mix it up a bit. I could watch them fight for hours!