Our poor son has encountered so many illnesses during this school year and we thought maybe it might all be over with. Over the weekend he had super red cheeks and I did not give it much thought other than he was so busy playing his cheeks were flushed until Monday morning when we went to the bus and his cheeks were still red. I made it a point to go home and do some research and I discovered something called 5th disease also know as slapped cheeks disease. Fifth disease” refers to the fifth of the 6 rash-associated diseases of childhood they are rubeola (measles), varicella (chicken pox), rubella, Mumps, and Parvovirus B19. More recently, the cause of Roseola (Sixth Disease) has been identified. It is spread by drinking or eating after an infected person, or even breathing the same air as they.
I called Jason after my findings and he disagreed with me, and not even 30 minutes later his teacher called to let me know that the 5th disease symptoms that Harrison had was also detected in another child in his class and several others in his school, is this Mothers intuition or what. He is still full of his usual pep and nothing is getting him down so his case is not as severe as some can be. This explains his joint pains and severe headaches, the red face is a sign of the end.


2 comments:
I caught the Chicken Pox my 2nd year of college...so for what it's worth, good for Harrison for getting it out of the way early!
Scratch, scratch!
Score a big one for Angie!! Mom's know - I remember this from when my kids were little - only I think it actually was "slapped cheek/backtalk" disease in their cases. :)
Post a Comment